I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! A big thank you to Travelling in My Bookcase for nominating me for it; please check out her blog if you haven’t already – her posts are always really interesting and it’s a great place to discover new books to read.
– Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
– Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
– Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
– Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
– Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How My Blog Started:
I started my blog as a way to talk about books and share my opinions about those that I read. I also started it to talk about writing and as a way to discover other blogs. It has helped me expand my reading tastes to read a more diverse selection of books and learn how to shape my thoughts to write a comprehensive review. Lost in a Daydream went through a lot of facelifts through the early stages, but now it is at a point where I am happy with what I am doing with it.
Advice for New Bloggers:
Write what you enjoy. Don’t try to write about something you’re not into just because you think it might help get you more followers – the lack of enthusiasm will come across. If you write what you love, then not only will you enjoy writing your blog more, but people will be able to tell that you’re enthusiastic about what you write and will enjoy reading it more – it will be a win-win situation!
Set yourself a posting schedule. Once you get going, you can be a bit more flexible, but when you get started it really helps having a bit of structure for when you post and what you post. Not only does it give you something to aim for, but potential followers will be able to tell when you’re going to post.
Nominated Bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Pursuing Bears
- If Books Could Blog
- Emily Books
- Write Meg
- Rachel Poli
- Heather Hill
- busy mockingbird
- The Jenny Mac Book Blog
- Nicole’s Nine Cents
- The Bookshelf of Emily J.
- Rambling Writer
- Nehali Lalwani
- Other Sashas