I am very excited to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Chloe is Confused. It is my first award nomination (Liebster and otherwise) and I cannot wait to pass it on!
The rules for the Liebster award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Let the 11 other bloggers know you have nominated them, and give 11 new questions for them to answer.
To make this easier, I shall split this up into (hopefully clear) sections, starting with the questions set by Cloe and my answers that go along with them:
The 11 Questions and Answers
Do you keep your blog secret from people you know in real life? Or do you actively encourage people to read it?
When I first started this blog, no-one I knew in real life knew about it. It was top secret, and still is for the most part. Gradually, I am letting more and more people know about it, but it is still secret from a lot of people. I am generally quite nervous about letting people I know read and see my work, so letting others’ read it is a slow going process (not even my parents have seen it yet). Hopefully, in the future, I won’t be so shy about it, but right now I’m just taking it a step at a time (or a person at a time really)
What is your favourite film and book genres?
This is tough as my favourite genres depend very much on my mood. I would have to say probably fantasy as a book genre (all kinds of fantasy), with science fiction coming in second. Films are a bit more difficult, but I would have to say it’s a tie between superhero films and Disney animation (that counts as a genre, right?)
What are some of your biggest ambitions for the future?
My main ambition is to publish a book and, essentially, write books for a living. That’s my dream life, but I know it is one that is quite difficult to achieve. I also really want to travel the world, or as many places in the world as I possibly can. Travelling and writing – who could want more?
Do you believe in the concept of New Year Resolutions? If so, what are yours and have you stuck to them?
I like the idea of New Year Resolutions, I just think it happens at the wrong time of year. Who wants to go outside running in the freezing cold? I can get the sentiment behind it, but resolutions can also cause massive disappointment or guilt if you fail. For me, they are more of a fun things to do and if I succeed that’s just a bonus.
If you could choose for any character from a book/film to be developed more, who would it be? Why?
This is a really difficult question and I am not quite sure how to answer it. I think, at the moment, I would really like to know more about Sydney Carton from ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ by Charles Dickens. Seeing how important he was to the overall conclusion of the novel, it would have been nice to see a bit more development where he was concerned and to learn a bit more about him as a person.
Do you have any role models, or idols? If so, why do you look up to them?
I have plenty of role models, but none that I can specifically say I look up to the most. Personally, I admire people who have gone out and succeeded in making a life out of what they love. It is something I would very much like to do
What is your worst habit?
If I have a snack-type food (e.g. sweets, doritos) within reaching distance, I will eat them. I have no will-power when it comes to snacks, especially delicious ones.
Are you happy with your life at the moment?
I would have to say that yes, I am very happy with my life at the moment. I just wish it was less busy. There is a lot going on with dissertation work and post-university preparation.
What is/was your favourite subject at school? Why?
I really enjoyed art at school. It was the one subject that you did not have to worry so much about the academic side of things. Painting is something I can really relax with, as it takes me somewhere else completely as I get engrossed in the piece. Not to mention, my art teacher was fantastic and the art room was a treasure trove. A fantastic place to be.
What trait do you most look for and admire in a person?
I don’t really look for traits in people, but I do admire people who are confident enough in themselves to just put themselves out there, for example befriending everyone in the department, or taking it upon themselves to do a presentation or organise an important event. As someone who is quite shy, it takes a lot of personal persuasion to do even half of those things.
If you could change just one thing about the world, what would be top on your list?
Child abuse. I know it’s something that’s impossible to fully eradicate from the world, but if I had the power to do so, I would. I find the concept of actually wanting, and/or being capable, of abusing a child completely disgusting. (Sorry, that’s a bit of a downer to end the question segments on)
11 Facts about Myself
1) I own three swords – one metal one and two wooden ones (all training swords, so they don’t do much damage).
2) I try and read at least 100 pages of ‘fun’ reading every day and have two set reading times (in the morning while I drink my tea and in the hour before bed)
3) I adore mini eggs. I would eat them constantly if only I had the money.
4) I cannot work without background noise, especially when it’s speaking. If it’s too quiet, I get distracted. But if it is too loud, then I can’t pay attention. There is a specific balance that works best.
5) I have a dog called Bentley and he is the friendliest, bounciest and most lovable dog I know.
6) I have never lived in a country for more than 4 years at a time – my childhood was spent travelling. Growing up, I lived in: England, America, Belgium, France, The Netherlands and Switzerland.
7) I am currently the secretary for my university’s tai chi club.
8) On average, I drink around three cups of tea a day – one in the morning, one at lunch and one in the afternoon
9) I am currently eating a teaspoon of marmite a day for my friend’s dissertation experiment.
10) I appeared on an episode of Blue Peter after I invited them to Belgium
11) My first word was Biggi, which was also the name of my first cat
12) I have a book-buying addiction. It’s getting out of hand!
My 11 Nominees
3) Our Trivista
11) Merlin’s Musings
11 New Questions
1) If you could have any superpower what would it be, and why?
2) You meet your hero in the park, who is it and what do you say to them?
3) Where would you most like to go on holiday?
4) You are given the opportunity travel back to one point in time. When do you go and what do you do?
5) If you could write a cross-over of any two books, which books are they and what would the plot be?
6) What would your dream job be?
7) What is your worst fear?
8) You win £100,000. What do you do with it?
9) If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book is it and why?
10) What is your biggest pet peeve?
11) You find the genie in the lamp and get three wishes. What are they? (No cheating by asking for more wishes!)
Thank you so much again to Chloe for nominating me and I hope you have as much fun doing this as I did!