Hello everyone, long time no see.
Unfortunately, these last few weeks have been quite hectic, so I have not been able to post as much as I would like. But that is all about to change. At least, I hope so.
This week, I have been contemplating books. I have slowly been compiling a to-read list, including books I own and books I don’t. I absolutely love buying books – it has such a feel-good factor along with the joy of having yet another book to read. Reading is equally as fantastic, although I can’t seem to read as fast I would like in order to keep up with my to read pile. It doesn’t help that I keep finding fantastic book deals (just yesterday I bought three books for £4!).
Not to mention, it is incredibly hard to decide which books to read. There are just so many! I keep seeing authors that I would love to try out, and series I really want to start. So, since it is 2015, I thought I would do a list of 15 books/authors I would like to read this year and, hopefully, I will be able to tick them off as the year goes by.
1) The Princess Bride – William Goldman (I own a copy of this)
2) Priestess of the White – Trudi Canavan (Again, another one I own and on my to-read shelf and the first of a trilogy)
3) Cinder – Marissa Meyer (Just ordered!)
4) The Girl with all the Gifts – M. R. Carey (In my possession)
5) Clockwork Angel – Cassandra Clare (to buy and the start of a series)
6) City of Bones – Cassandra Clare (to buy and the start of a series)
7) The Eyre Affair – Jasper Fforde (I don’t own, but I can easily borrow it and, again, the first in a series)
8) Still Alice – Lisa Genova (I don’t own)
9) Throne of Glass – Sarah J. Maas (I need to buy, and the first in a series)
10) The Young Elites – Marie Lu (need to buy, not sure if it is a stand-alone or not)
11) Elizabeth is Missing – Emma Healey (need to buy)
12) The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss (need to buy and the start of a series)
13) Mistborn: The Final Empire – Brandon Sanderson (need to buy and the start of a trilogy)
14) A Darker Shade of Magic – V.E. Schwab (need to buy)
15) Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard ( need to buy and I think it is the start of a series)
And those are the 15 books I would like to start this year. As a lot of them are series, I imagine I may also end up reading the next few as well, but at least I have a basic list to start reading from (although it may cost a bit of money… birthday, I’m counting on you). As I read them, I will either write a review here or do a video review for my YouTube channel, depending on how much time I have and what the book is.
Let me know if you have a list of boos you would like to read this year, or if you have any recommendations for me. I would love to hear them!