It is that time of year again, where resolutions are made and positivity for the future increases tenfold. I have made, and attempted to keep, resolutions in the past, but it is a rare occasion for them to turn out successfully, particularly with the cold winter months chipping away at your resolve. This year, I’m continuing the trend ( a day early, but who really cares?). It’s always fun to have something to work towards. If I keep them, that is an extra bonus. Below is a list of my seven, because seven is lucky, resolutions for the new year and how I will determine if they are a success.
1) Get Fit/Exercise more (I want to be able to run 5k by June and, if that goes to plan, 10k by December)
2) Publish a book (defined by getting an agent/publisher in the traditional route or full self-published – preferably the former)
3) Write a book (complete a first draft of another book, not ‘The Unnaturals’)
4) Get a job/postgraduate degree placement (pretty much self-explanatory, although the job on its own will have to be full time)
5) Learn a new skill (hard to define, but I want to complete at least one project with this skill, whatever it may be)
7) Read 50 books (kept track of on Goodreads)
Those are my New Year’s Resolutions. I will be checking back in a years time to see how I did and to come up with even more for 2016. In the meantime, it’ll be down to business – lots to do, and only a year in which to do it.